05 February 2009

The Shattered One

I gaze the empty glass
Noiselessly and silently
With nothing outside my world
Just the echo of the scream.

The clock tick tacks.
Tick... Tack... Tick... Tack...
I am sobbing.
Tick... Tack... Tick... Tack...
I am gasping.

I wish I could blink,
I wish I could touch,
I wish I could hold,
I wish the time rewinds.

The memory shadows,
Penetrates my core,
Stabs my mind,
Pull out my life.

I knew when,
I recognized where,
I wondered how,
I identified who,
But I didn’t know why.

If I could just speak,
And revealed the truth,
Then I would escape,
With no burden on my shoulder.

If I could release a word,
Then the truth would be there,
As my light disappear,
I am free to leave.

But it is just wishes.
Even if I shed gallons of tears,
It won’t mend anything,
Everything is true as it seems.

If there is God,
Let me point the trigger,
That had grabbed my life,
That robbed my belongings,
That left sorrow all over my love.

If I could be noticed with eyes,
Or be seen in a vague sight,
Then I would state everything,
Everyone who harmed me.

If I could be seen and if I could speak
Then the evidence would be told, 
If I didn’t have to be a ghost.

(2006)


No comments: